• Matric grade 12 / Equivalent qualification.
• Post Matric accounting qualification would be a requirement.
• 3 – 5-year accounting experience.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Accounting systems (Xero Accounting would be an added advantage).
• Good communication and interpersonal skills would be a requirement.
• Confidentiality is a pre-requisite in this position.
• Shift work is an operational requirement.
• Previous experience within the hospitality industry will be an added advantage.
• Own transport
• To do Creditors/ Sundry Debtors reconciliations and submit for review.
• To resolve sundry debtors and creditor queries.
• To ensure creditor recons are done monthly before the 5th of the following month.
• Process invoices via hub doc and prepare payment file.
• Maintain and update the creditors master list – including regular review of credit limits.
• Maintain and update the contracts master file – including expiry dates and renewals.
• Maintain and update the licenses, permits and subscriptions master list.
• Assist with controls of the linen system at the laundry.
• Assist with laundry invoicing and stock control.
• Assist with stock takes and processing of stock take results.
• Assist with adhoc stock control matters.
• Assist with float and petty cash counts.
• Assist with ad hoc internal testing.
• Capture and reconcile inter-company recharges.
• To prepare various month end journals as requested by the financial manager.
• Compile year end reports as requested by the financial manager.
• Resolve financial queries when requested.
• To perform other accounting related duties as required from time to time.
• Fixed assets register to be updated as needed and as per financial managers directive.
• Assist with balance sheet recons as per Financial Managers directive.
• Ad Hoc requests from General Manager, Financial Manager or Providence Hotels Management Team.
• Shows involvement and is interested in environmental and or social & ethical issues by participating in
responsible business activities.
• Attends meetings and training required by the Financial Manager or General Manager
• Assists colleagues to perform similar or related jobs when necessary.
• Ensures guest satisfaction by attending to their requests and inquires courteously and efficiently.
• Accepts flexible work schedule necessary for uninterrupted service to hotel guests and the hotel’s
• Maintains own working area, materials, and company property in clean, tidy and in good shape; reports
defective materials and equipment to Financial Manager
• Continuously seeks to endeavor and improve the department’s efficient operation, and own knowledge of
the job function
• Follows any reasonable instruction given by the General Manager or an Executive Team member.
Closing date: 15 October 2023
In accordance with the employment equity plan of the Hotel, preference shall be given but not limited to
candidates from the designated groups. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Send full CV with contactable references and ID copy to: